With the spring season comes changes to your home’s air quality. The pollen outdoors is sure to make its way in. On top of this, you may be turning off the furnace and turning on the air conditioner. That could mean changes in air flow as well. You’re also likely to open the windows a bit more during the spring months. All of this can contribute to changes in the home’s air quality that should not be ignored. The question is, what do you need to do now to compensate for it? If you are considering the options in indoor air quality in Maple Grove, MN.
What Happens When Air Quality Isn’t Good?
During the spring months, you may notice changes in the air quality of your home in several ways. For example, you may notice the onset of allergy symptoms. That includes headaches, fatigue, dizziness, and nose irritation. You may have painful, red eyes and an overall feeling of being ill. Over time, that can build up to cause a range of health problems. Spring allergies may be just one of those factors.
You may also notice an increase in the amount of dust on surfaces in your home. Even if you don’t have allergies, you may feel as though you are coughing more often.
How to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Recognizing that there is a problem is just the first step. You don’t want to simply ignore the problem (over time, poor indoor air quality can lead to health complications). Instead, consider the options in improving it. There is a range of ways to do so:
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: Controlling the moisture and humidity levels in the home is done with the use of humidifiers and dehumidifiers. The proper levels help to minimize the risk of mold and mildew growth.
- HRV Systems: These systems help to carry fresh air into the home while moving stale air out.
- ERV Systems: Another important consideration is ERVs that help draw clean, fresh air into the home or office space. They can significantly improve indoor air quality.
- Duct Services: The ductwork is what helps move air through the home. Finding leaks and ensuring they are clean helps to encourage the proper flow of air through them without any loss of energy.
- Air Filtration: A number of air filtration systems and purification systems are available. These can help ensure the air within the home is cleaned to remove potential contaminants.
Professional Service Is Key
For those who are considering the right option for their home, it helps to have a professional come to the home to provide a full inspection. Then, allow the professionals to install the appropriate system. Within a short period, you will be more confident in the quality of the air you are breathing on a consistent basis. We’re ready to consult you, identify your weak points, and find you the perfect indoor air quality system. Get the process started with us today.
Contact Comfort Matters Heating and Cooling today to schedule an appointment with our team members.