Comfort Matters Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing isn't your ordinary home services company. We started small, grew quickly, and as we’ve grown, we’ve been recognized for the quality of both our work and the work environment that consistently produces it.
Our company abides by a strong set of core beliefs, and we are looking for team members with those same beliefs. We believe in improving the lives of our team by making time for family, encouraging vacations, and spending time on personal development. We believe in doing everything we do the RIGHT way. Not the easy way. We believe integrity means doing the right thing when nobody is looking.
All that has help us in achieving some outward successes:
- 10-time Readers’ Choice Award-Winner (Maple Grove, Osseo, Champlin, NW Metro)
- 4-time Contracting Business Quality Home Comfort Award-Winner
- 2-time Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies the America—mostly recently 2021
A Unique Opportunity for Just the Right Leader
Comfort Matters Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing is building a solid company from the inside - and from the outside, we’re creating an unforgettable brand. Our Operations Manager will be responsible for nearly everything pertaining to what happens inside, including management of both arms of the company – HVAC & Plumbing.
The responsibility of Comfort Matter’s new Operations Manager will be to understand, communicate and maintain the processes that result in the quality in which we serve our customers, how we train, manage and lead our team, and how we conduct our business in a consistent and profitable manner.
Specifically, our Operations Manager will manage the service, maintenance, installation, dispatch, plumbing, and warehouse functions for Comfort Matters. The Operations Manager will be responsible for achieving sales at the desired gross margin, creating and managing procedures and programs, as well as consistently achieving Gross Margin goals for Installation; Service; and Plumbing departments.
- Achieve budgeted monthly sales at the budgeted gross margin.
- Ongoing review of company performance; makes adjustments to company operations as appropriate.
- Hire, train, lead and coach the service & installation team. Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, training, and information to achieve peak performance, continuous improvement, and a positive, productive work environment consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Create budgets and sales projections as requested.
- Create and manage service inventory policies and pricing to achieve company goals.
- Create and manage technician tool program.
- Lead & coach assigned co-workers. Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, training, and information to achieve peak performance, and a positive, productive work environment consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Hire, manage, discipline and terminate service manager, installation manager, bookkeeper, and other office positions reporting directly to the Operations Manager
- Help establish budgets for each department
- Ensure that department managers are operating within their budgets
- Help ensure that each department is profitable
- Train, manage, support direct reports and oversee the training of all company personnel.
- Coordinate with the sales manager, all sales and marketing activities
- Speak to customers and others that direct reports cannot assist
- Correct/modify/create processes and procedures that fail to add value to Comfort Matters or business results.
- Establish goals, KPI’s, and objectives for:
- The business
- Service & Installation Technicians
Along with a plan of action to attain or exceed set goals.
- Measure and report on the goals, KPI’s, and objectives.
- Provide weekly Status updates to the owner
- Provide corrective action, feedback, accountability, and make termination decisions for individuals that do not meet the goals and expectations of the company.
- Conduct Monthly sit-down reviews with each direct report.
- Conduct written reviews with direct reports twice per year.
- Manage facility maintenance & vehicle maintenance.
- Regularly review and monitor progress against goals, and seek assistance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five to ten years of progressive responsibility in Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Good computer skills. Knowledge of common office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex Operations environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The opportunity available to our new Operations manager, while maintaining what has worked well for us, will be to improve and innovate where possible. Which is why we’re set on finding someone remarkable to quarterback our company from this active management position. The right person for the job is someone with the demonstrable skill set to sustain our momentum and build on our strengths.